Enrollment Information for 2013-2014
First Day of School: August 12, 2013
Registrar: Desiree Martinez -- 714-626-4426
Data Tech: Susan Reese -- 714-626-4417
For All Students: To enroll at Troy High School, you must live within the Troy High School attendance boundaries. If you are not sure, please see the link below to determine your school of attendance. Once you have determined that Troy High School is your "home school", you will need the following to enroll:
- Proof of Residence: Two proofs of residence are required to enroll – a utility bill (gas, water or electric only AND mortgage or lease agreement. These items must be in the parent/guardian name.
- Driver’s License: It must have the address you are enrolling with.
- Birth Certificate: All students are enrolled with their legal name as it appears on their birth certificate or Passport.
- Immunization Record: All immunizations must be up-to-date. California law now requires all students have proof of pertussis/whooping cough (Tdap) shot. If you are enrolling from outside of Orange County, you must have had a TB skin test within the last 18 months.
- Withdrawal from Previous School: This should show withdrawal grades.
- Unofficial Transcript: The transcript will be used by the Counselor to determine appropriate course placement.
- Standardized Test Scores: If you are coming from another California high school, please provide a copy of your student’s scores from any State tests your student has taken: CAHSEE (California High School Exit Exam) or CELDT (California English Language Development Test for English Learners). You can obtain copies from your previous school or from the original report mailed home. If you have a language other than English and you do not have your test results from your previous school, a CELDT test will be required before you can be placed in classes.
- Special Education/504: If you student has been identified for one of these programs, please provide a copy of the latest IEP (Individual Education Plan) or Section 504 Plan.
Once you have all of this required information for enrollment, please bring it to Desiree Martinez, Registrar, during regular school hours (7:30 am – 3:30 pm Monday through Friday) to schedule an appointment with a Counselor for course selection.
ADDITIONAL ITEMS THAT MAY BE REQUIRED
For Troy High School Non-Residents
If you are attending Troy High School through the Troy Tech program, you will need an Inter-District Attendance Permit from your "home" district every year you attend here. Final approval for enrollment MUST come from a Troy High School administrator and may be revoked at any time. Please note: Troy High School only enrolls students from out of the district who are accepted into the Troy Tech program. Testing for this program is in January of the student’s 8th grade year. Check under the tab Tech/IB for further information about this program.
For Students Living with another Family
We will need a letter from the family you are living with acknowledging that you are living with them. You will then need to provide three (3) pieces of mail with the parent/guardian name. This will then need to be approved by an administrator and may be subject to random home checks.
For Students Living with Someone Other than Parent
We will need proof of guardianship (legal guardianship papers from the Courts) or an Assumption of Responsibility form that must be notarized by the parents. (The form must be picked up in the Troy High School office.) Please note, once you sign this form, you are giving up your rights to care for your student and have contact with the school. If something happens on campus, the person assuming responsibility will be called. This should only be used in unusual circumstances and will need to be approved by an administrator